Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Personal Emancipation Day 2008

On Feb 13, 2007 - on a visit to my mother's house with DD - after a lot of conversation, my mother admitted and acknowledged the abuse, the pain, she is attached to - and the terror that came to my life in part because of the choices she made in raising emotionally blunted sons.

I wrote this poem and cried.

Here is: "Here and now"

A lot has happened
hate/love/ hurt/ loathe

beautiful/ ugly decisions
soft hand/ sharp hanger
yes - a hanger.

breathe.
time is continuous...time is continuous...time is continuous...time is continuous...time is...
breeze

I need you

You are the only one left

breeze
it's not fair what you did.
it's not right what you said

but you acknowledge
you apologized, no excuse
just truth

i believe
you are

(water falls from my closed lids)
(eyes that scream to feel lips)

I can't breathe.
squeeze.

.......................................light/eyes/open

No comments: