Wednesday, January 02, 2008

WE HAD MY FOLKS OVER FOR NEW YEAR'S DAY...dad truths..

I could really see - or actually, was not able to hide from my dad's madness. Both he and my mom are quite a mixture. First though, I must tell you what we ate.. (sorry no pix) The vegetables: sweet potatoes with butter, and a hint of kosher salt. Rappini, boiled slightly and then pan fried briefly in butter (I really like butter!), basmati brown rice, monk fish, beef briskette - really fucking good, and for dessert: a cookie assortment... real good...

MY god, DD points out, and I can see where the heck I get some of my odd ways... "I don't like this" and "I don't like that" and "can you get me this, can you get me that.." "I'm too busy... sitting here.." AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

DD makes a good point that I hate to admit is true, but it is... I have a lot to learn from taking care of him. "IT's good for the Shomlian to see - after all, these are your people.. I told her I didn't like doing it.. cause it felt like.. .. "WOMAN'S WORK?" - she said.

Sadly, I said yes.
But it is true.
I remember, him asking me to do stuff in our family house, and I hated it. Granted, I hated the fact that he and the other one let did little to NOTHING to address my abuse... but then he still wanted me to fitch his TEA? Are you fucking MAD?

But if I look closer... I didn't mind doing stuff for good ol' Mom, even though she is and was equally to blame for what went on.

More in a moment.

No comments: